Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stained Glass Masquerade Video

I wonder what would happen if we were all comfortable enough in church to be who we really are? Do you put on a "good" face for church? Do you say you are fine when you really are not? I wonder how many people will never come to church because we make them feel like they do not belong because they have problems and we don't? I like this video because it gets right to the heart of the matter, we will never influence people by being fake, plastic representatives of Christ! Jesus was real! his love was Real, His pain was real!, His good news was real! And hurting people were drawn towards his "realness". With all but 2% of America's church in decline...maybe it is time for us to BE REAL! We have lost the hurting people of the world because we pretend not to hurt, We have lost the damaged people of the world because we pretend not to be damaged, If hurt and damaged people can't feel welcome in church, where exactly are they supposed to go? I think we are comfortable being plastic because plastic does'nt get hurt or feel pain, but if we are to be Christ to this world we are going to have to take the same risks Jesus did and that means getting dirty, damaged, and hurt in the name of Jesus. If you are up to the challenge...ask God to bring you back to life :-)

No comments: